Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Nokia Lumia 2520 Specs

Years ago I was the ultimate Apple fan girl and wanted little to do with Android devices because they seemed clunky and lacked apps. Time went by, I dumped Apple, and have been firmly in the Android camp for a couple years. Now I find that Apple devices bore me to tears. I’ve tried a couple Blackberry devices, but they failed to impress me and are pretty much ready to have a fork stuck in them at this point anyway. But what about mobile Windows devices? In the past year, I’ve looked at just one Windows device and that was a Nokia Lumia 822 Windows Phone 8. I think it’s high time that I tried a Windows tablet. So when the folks at Verizon Wireless asked me if I was interested in taking the Nokia Lumia 2520 Windows 8.1 RT tablet for a quick test drive, I was happy to accept.Note: Images can be clicked to view a larger size.

Before we go too much further, I need mention that the Nokia Lumia 2520 is a Windows 8.1 RT device. Windows RT is a special version of the Windows operating system that has been designed especially for devices using the ARM chip. It may look almost identical to your main desktop or laptop’s Windows operating system, but it’s not. Windows RT devices will not run legacy applications. That means if you have a favorite app that you have been using on your laptop or desktop with Windows XP, 7 or 8, you won’t be able to install it on the Lumia or any other Windows RT device. There is an online app market called the Windows Store where apps can be downloaded, but this is where Windows RT reminds me of the early days of Android – lack of apps.

Hardware specs
  • Operating System: Windows RT 8.1
  • Processor: 2.2GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 800
  • Memory: 32GB internal (formatted capacity is less) / 2GB RAM
  • Network: 4G LTE (Band 13)
  • Display: 10.1” IPS LCD, Full-HD 1920 x 1080 resolution, 218 ppi, 16:9 aspect ratio, TrueColor (24-bit/16M)
  • Camera: 6.7 Megapixel rear, 2.0 Megapixel front
  • Bluetooth 4.0 LE,Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n, Miracast 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz
  • NFC
  • Micro USB 3.0 high–speed
  • Battery: 8000mAh (Usage time: up to 11 hours, Standby: up to 25 days)
  • Dimensions: 6.61” (H) x 10.51” (W) x 0.35” (D)
  • Weight: 21.69 oz



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Nexus Deals And Coupons